10 Bars 1 Mile From The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Who doesn’t like to cut loose with a glass of wine and some appetizers with friends after a day of work? Scottsdale is a resort town all about luxury living and most bars in North Scottsdale are busy by 3p. Walk into any of these bars during happy hours and they will be filled with people enjoying wine and cocktails. Day drinking is practically a sport here. All the happy hours also have great dishes to try and you can save some cash by hitting the fine dining establishments during HH or reverse HH. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has several bars on site but here’s your guide to getting off the property.
A Perfect Location
The Princess is a fabulous resort loved by locals and visitors alike. Whether you’re a local living in the area, here for the many events like WMPO, Barrett Jackson, Spring Training, attending training at Spear this is a shortlist of some of the happy hours just a mile from the hotel. The big corporate chains are not listed here but they all have happy hours too and even the Denny’s serves up a great mimosa.
Drinking Without The Bars
Day drinking is practically a sport and there’s no reason to necessarily go to a bar. Both Fry’s and Whole Foods have bars that serve wine and beer. It’s multitasking at its best. All of the movie theatres serve wine, beer and cocktails. You can buy wine, beer and some times liquor at most gas stations. The Jackson’s at Scottsdale Road & Bell Road has a pretty extensive list of wines and champagne (along with cheap box wine).
10 HH Bars In North Scottsdale
- Blue Agave Everyday 3p-6:30p, Reverse HH 9p-11p, Wine $4, ½ price appetizers
- Carlos O’Brien’s Everyday 3p-6:30p, Wine $5, Wings Tacos, Quesadilla, Cheese Crisp $4-$10
- Cien Agaves Everyday 3p-6p, Wine $5, ½ price appetizers
- Cold Beer & Cheeseburger Mon-Fri 3p-6p Wine $5.50, Pretzels, Hummus, Burger, Chicken Fingers $7-$9
- Northside Bar Mon-Fri 3p-6p, Wine $5, Nachos, Burgers, Tacos, Wings $7-$10
- Sushi Brokers Everyday 3p-6:30p, Reverse HH 10p-close, Wine $6, Sushi, Tempura, Calamari $3-$16
- Toro Latin Restaurant & Rum Bar Everyday 4:30p-6p, Wine $6, Sushi, Burgers, Calamari, Wings, Club Sandwich, Tacos, Truffle Fries $5-$12
- Umami Sushi Everyday 3p-6p, Reverse HH 9p-10p, Wine $4, Sushi, Tempura, Wings, Gyoza $4-$8
- Uncorked Tue-Fri 3p-6p, Mon 3p-close, Fri 9p-close, Sat 12p-close, Wine $5, bites $6-$8
- White Chocolate Grill Everyday 2p-6p, Wine $7, Egg Rolls, Ribs, Sliders, Shrimp Cocktail $3-$10
Drinking While Shopping
There are many other great restaurants and bars within a couple of miles of the Princess. Kierland Commons is just 2 miles away and there are 12 places to drink libations while shopping the day away. Two of my favorites are The Mission and Zinc Bistro which have amazing food and creative cocktails. Across from Kierland is the Scottsdale Quarter. Like Kierland, Scottsdale Quarter has 10 great places to drink and enjoy happy hour. My two favorites at Scottsdale Quarter are Dominick’s Steakhouse and Obon Sushi & Ramen. Dominick’s is a hidden gem with a happy hour Mon-Fri 4p-6p with 9 items for $12, including steak and scallops!
3 Miles From The Princess
Within a 3 mile radius of the Fairmont, there are plenty of other great places to get a cocktail or glass of wine. Some are on the high-end side like Local Bistro which has amazing food. There’s a fabulous newer restaurant called Parma that’s perfect for a date which excellent food in a casual environment. And there’s Juan Jaimes and Arena Sports Grill which are dive bars and fun and serve drinks into the wee hours of the morning. Arena also has pool tables and darts to pass the time away.
6 Great Bars A Short Uber Ride Away
- Arena Sports Grill M-F 2p-7p, Wine $4.25, Stuffed Mushrooms, Meatballs, Pizza, Wings $5.50-$7.50
- Juan Jaimes Everyday 4p-8p, Wine $4, Tacos, Nachos, Quesadilla, Shrimp Cocktail $2-$8
- Local Bistro Everyday 2-6p, Reverse HH 9p-close, Truffle fries, Burger, Calamari, Shrimp Cocktail $5-$14
- Mellow Mushroom, M-F 3p-6p, Reverse HH Everyday 10p-2a, Wine $3, ½ appetizers
- Parma M-F 3:30p-6:30p, Wine $5, ½ price bottles, Meatballs, Octopus, Bruschetta, Mussels $6-$12
- Zinburger M-F 3p-6p, Wine $3.50, ½ price bottles, Burgers, Steak, Sloppy Joe $5
One Last Thing
Drinking and driving: don’t do it. This is a zero-tolerance state when it comes to DUIs. One drink could get you arrested. There’s plenty of Uber and Lyft drivers all over the state taking an UberX to any of the places on this page will cost less than $10. Make your happy hours fun AND safe.