It’s 2021: What Is Going On In Scottsdale
Before COVID, any October to May will have every restaurant, resort, bar or club packed. Since the pandemic, some events have canceled or delayed but many are still happening, COVID edition. The burning question on anyone’s mind when they leave the house is what is open and what has changed.
Use This Guide As A Reference
This guide was written in January 2021. Things change, events get modified or delayed or postponed. At the time of the writing, these are events happening in Scottsdale for 2021. Events will be added and may be changed and information will be updated, so check back frequently.
What Will Not Change Because Of COVID
While few things in life are certain, you can count on the beautiful desert landscape, the amazing sunsets and the weather that will charm your socks off if you’re coming from any place north or east of Scottsdale. Another great thing about Scottsdale is it’s very close to Sedona and Flagstaff. The trails are open, as are many parks, wildlife reserves and lakes.
Annual Events In Scottsdale 2021
- Football: Fiesta Bowl 2021 is January 2nd
- Awesome: Waste Management Phoenix Open (WMPO) is February 1st-February 7th – 192-acre open-air event
- Culinary: Street Eats Food Truck Festival is February 8th-9th At Salt River Fields
- Culinary: 9th Annual Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival is February 12th-14th
- Horses: 65th Annual Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show is February 11th-21st at West World
- Culinary: The Devour Culinary Classic is modified to be virtual February 27th-28th
- Baseball: Spring Training @ 10 Stadiums around the Valley is February 27th-March 30th
- Horses: Arizona Sun Circuit Quarter Horse Show is February 27th-Mar 7th
- Horses: Parada del Sol Rodeo is Mar 5th-Mar 8th
- Car Auction: Barrett-Jackson is March 20th-27th
- Car Auction: Russo & Steele is March 27th only
- Festival: Arizona Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon – postponed to 2022
- Music: Phoenix Lights 2021 Music Festival is April 2nd-3rd at Wild Horse
- Car: 11th FiTech Fuel Injection Spring Nationals is April 16th-18th at West World
- Horses: 67th Annual Parada del Sol Parade & Trail’s End Festival in Old Town on April 17th
- Horses: Rodeo Scottsdale is May 4th-7th at West World
- The 50th annual Scottsdale Arts Festival is March 12th-14th in the Scottsdale Mall
- Horses: Arizona Black Rodeo is May 15th at West World
- Festival: Ostrich Festival is rescheduled to Fall 2021 in Chandler
- Culinary: Nirvana Food & Wine Festival no information for 2021
- Awesome: Scottsdale Polo Party is November 2021 at West World
- Awesome: Canal Convergence at the Waterfront is November 2021
Plenty To Do & See
There is a lot to do during the day and night in Scottdale even in 2021. The other thing to keep in mind is how close Sedona is to Scottsdale 90 minutes away. Sedona is beautiful with very different landscape than the Phoenix metro area. Stay safe and be smart about your health. Keep the positive vibes and grateful attitude and life will be outstanding.