Use This Guide As A Reference
This guide was written prior to the COVID-19 crisis. Most of the events have been cancelled or postponed at this time.
Best Events To Go To In Scottsdale
The first five months of the year in Scottsdale are jammed packed with things to do. Every weekend you have numerous choices of what to do or where to eat. Concerts, festivals, annual events and lots of fundraisers – you name it, there’s always something going on.
With more than 300 days of sunshine per year, Scottsdale is known for the cars. There are lots of car auctions here every year.
Horses & Horsepower
From rodeos to horse shows to the annual Arabian horse show and auction, horses abound. Horse farms are all over the town of Scottsdale and there are many working ranches in North Scottsdale. The World’s Oldest Rodeo is just a short distance away in Prescott, AZ.
Concerts & DJs
With venues all over the Phoenix Metro area that are often several major concerts per weekend. With Scottsdale just being a short plane ride from Las Vegas, many performers and DJs stop here on their way to play in one of our arenas or in a club in Old Town.
Food Festivals & Culinary Events
Scottsdale had an amazing culinary scene and there are plenty of events annually that you will want to attend. The Burger Battle is in March which is an absolute must-attend event. So many great minds come together creating amazing burgers all set at the Scottsdale Waterfront. Last year my favorite was by Zuzu but the winning burger was Aoili’s burger and it was scrumptious.
April is The Cocktail Society. Last year’s theme was 007 and everyone came dressed to impress. The Scottsdale League For The Arts went all out on the decor and it was am awesome event. Check back for details about this year’s event. Also in April is the Scottsdale Culinary Festival at the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall. This is a huge event and has tons of vendors. The weather is typically perfect and there is live entertainment as well as many types of food to choose from.
Annual Events In Scottsdale 2020
- Car Auction: Barrett-Jackson is January 11th-19th.
- Car Auction: Russo & Steele is January 15th-19th
- Festival: Arizona Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon – January 19th
- Awesome: Waste Management Phoenix Open (WMPO) is January 27th-February 2nd this year.
- Culinary: 9th Annual Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival is February 7th
- Culinary: Street Eats Food Truck Festival is February 8th At Salt River Fields
- Horses: 67th Annual Parada del Sol Parade & Trail’s End Festival in Old Town on February 8th
- Horses: 65th Annual Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show is February 13th-23rd at West World
- Culinary: The Devour Culinary Classic in its 11th year on February 22nd-23rd
- Baseball: Spring Training @ 10 Stadiums around the Valley is February 21st-March 24th
- Horses: Arizona Sun Circuit Quarter Horse Show is February 29th-Mar 8th
- Horses: 67th Annual Parada del Sol Rodeo is Mar 5th-Mar 8th
- Horses: Scottsdale’s Pro Bull Riding is Mar 7th
- The 50th annual Scottsdale Arts Festival is March 13th-15th in the Scottsdale Mall
- Festival: Ostrich Festival is March 15th-18th in Chandler
- Music: Phoenix Lights 2020 Music Festival is April 3rd-5th Wild Horse
- Culinary: Nirvana Food & Wine Festival is April 16th-19th at the Sanctuary
There’s Always Something To Do
This list is just some of the events to check out but there are more being added all the time. Arizona Food & Wine is another place to check out for culinary events. Experience Scottsdale is a great resource for all events in Scottsdale. Follow our Instagram stories for more upcoming events. Always feel free to reach out with specific questions.