Scottsdale Is A Resort Town
From the middle of October until around Mother’s Day, there is no better weather anywhere in the United States than Scottsdale. Prove me wrong. The weather is great, the sunsets are breathtaking and there are no mosquitos or other flying bugs to bother you while you’re sipping drinks on the patio or playing golf.
Where To Go & What To Do
The last and first 12 weeks of the year in Scottsdale are jammed packed with things to do. Every weekend you have numerous choices of what to do or where to eat. Concerts, festivals, annual events and lots of fundraisers.
The weather in October is iffy. It could be 100 degrees on Halloween but most likely the weather is pretty damn good. The number of people coming and going in Phoenix stays close to the same throughout the year, but in Scottsdale, October brings in all the snowbirds. The other thing that happens in October is all the farmer’s markets come back. From October til the end of April there are markets all over the valley.
- October 21, 2022 – AZ Jazz Festival – High Street
- October 22, 2022 – Desert Botanical Garden’s Annual Plant Sale
- October 28, 2022 – World’s Oldest Rodeo is just a short distance away in Prescott, AZ
- Every Saturday night in October & November there’s live music at Scottsdale Quarter and at Kierland Commons
- October 29, 2022 – Nightmare On Princess Drive – Halloween At The Fairmont
With venues all over the Phoenix Metro area that are often several major concerts per weekend. With Scottsdale just being a short plane ride from Las Vegas, many performers and DJs stop here on their way to play in one of our arenas or in a club in Old Town.
- November 4, 2022 – Canal Convergence – my favorite event of the year!
- November 5, 2022 – Polo Party – a precursor to WMPO. You gotta go and bring a big hat.
- Thanksgiving Brunch – there are several resorts to visit: Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, McCormick Ranch Golf Club and Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale at Troon North are my favorites.
Food Festivals & Culinary Events
Before COVID Scottsdale had an amazing culinary scene but many events did not survive. Unfortunately. What’s worse is that some of these company’s websites still show events happening in 2022 but they’re not happening. Check and double-check before buying tickets. Sadly, one of my favorite events Nirvana Food & Wine Festival will not happen this year.
Annual Events In Scottsdale 2023
- Car Auction: Barrett-Jackson is January 22nd-30th.
- Car Auction: Russo & Steele has canceled in 2022.
- Festival: Arizona Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon – January 15th
- Awesome: Waste Management Phoenix Open (WMPO) is February 6th-12th.
- SUPER BOWL! LVII – In Glendale – February 13th.
- Culinary: 12th Annual Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival is February 3rd-5th
- Culinary: Street Eats Food Truck Festival is not posted yet but usually the first weekend in February At Salt River Fields
- Horses: 70th Annual Parada del Sol Parade & Trail’s End Festival in Old Town without a date for 2023
- Horses: 65th Annual Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show is February 16th-26th at West World
- Culinary: The Devour Culinary Classic in its 14th year on February 25th-26th
- Baseball: Spring Training @ 10 Stadiums around the Valley is February 23rd-March 28th
- Horses: Arizona Sun Circuit Quarter Horse Show is Mar 4th-Mar 12th
- Horses: 70th Annual Parada del Sol Rodeo is Mar 9th-Mar 12th
- Horses: Scottsdale’s Pro Bull Riding is Mar 7th
- The 50th annual Scottsdale Arts Festival is March 10th-12th in the Scottsdale Mall
- Festival: The 33rd annual Ostrich Festival is March something in Chandler – hasn’t posted yet
- Music: Phoenix Lights Music Festival is in April at Wild Horse but no exact date posted yet